Fried Chicken and Chardonnay
Yep, it's Monday!
Had my massage - which actually was very needed because my head has been hurting since last Monday. Stress? Back issues? Sinuses? Who knows.
After that, I headed to Ballard Market to get some fried chicken and wine.
Actually, funny story. I was just giddy, standing in front of the chicken counter. I couldn't decide what to get. Two legs? One leg and a thigh? Ack! The guy behind the counter laughed and said it sounded like a big decision. I told him this was huge! I get one night a week when the vegetarian boyfriend is gone and I can eat whatever I want (I can always eat what I want, but I feel guilty when Steve's across from me and I'm trying to be all girly). He laughed and asked if my boyfriend forbid me to eat meat. I said no, but I choose not to. So that when I do eat meat, I feel bad. Like, good bad. Hee hee.
Eventually, I decided on a leg and thigh. And the guy said "That's all? Come on....be bad..." I said, "Yeah, yeah, gimme another leg!" Grrrrr....
So I had my chicken, tabouli salad, and a glass of chardonnay*. Ahhhh.....
And speaking of chardonnay - I cannot have a glass of that stuff without thinking about my sister. Wendy and I would take her sailboat out during the summer, when I had my cleaning business and didn't work everyday, and have a glass of wine and just sit out in the middle of Puget Sound.
To give you a visual, here's what I think about when I have a glass of chardonnay:


Beautiful, huh?
I want a boat.

1 Comments:
Watch out, hon. Those guys at the Ballard Market deli counter are pretty cute!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home