Life Out Here

Just a small way to keep my friends and family, who are strewn about the country, in The Know about my life in Seattle.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Some Updating

I've been slacking with updates, I know. I don't have much time to blog on my lunch hour and I hate sitting at my computer once I get home. But since today is dreary, and pretty much a wash, I thought it couldn't hurt to get everyone caught up.

Let's see....
Wednesday evening, Jamie and I went shopping downtown. Didn't buy a damn thing. Poo. And then Lost. Not my favorite episode. I don't care about Jack's tattoos. And I didn't like the actress who gave him the tattoos. So there.

Thursday, Steve and I walked down to Ballard to have appetizers at Thaiku then to see Thornton, Don and MJ play at Conor Byrne. It was a songwriter showcase so we saw some new people as well. But Thornton was the best. Of course.

Friday....hmm....what did we do Friday?
Oh, I came home, got into my jammies, climbed in bed with Steve, who was watching Buckaroo Bonzai because he's got a cold and is feeling crappy, and snoozed until 7pm. I finally got up, concocted some thai-ish food with a peanut sauce and we ate dinner and watched TV until 11pm. There was some 20/20 special on about fear and worry and why we worry about things we shouldn't worry about. The whole time I was worried that I wasn't being productive enough. Funny.

Saturday, more shopping with Jamie. This time I bought stuff. Lots of stuff. Jeans, an orange corduroy jacket, lots of black shirts and brown boots to go with my new orange and brown dress that I wore to the Storm show that night.

Before we headed to the show, we stopped by Katie's and Chris' - they were having a little "thanks for helping with all the wedding stuff" cocktail hour. Steve and I didn't help at all, but were still invited, so we stopped in for a quick glass of sparkling cider (I'm gettin' kind of tired of whole not drinking thing now....) and some munchies. Then, like the jet setters we are, left the gang to party it up in Fremont.

Then, since we were drinking coffee and diet coke all last night and didn't get to sleep until 2am, we slept until noon. I got up and made french toast for breakfast, brought it up to bed on my handy dandy tray, we ate, then snoozed until 3pm while watching golf and the nascar race. Yes, a fantabulous Sunday. I finally motivated myself to throw in some laundry and clean the bathroom. I also dusted and vacuumed the bedroom, because if I'm going to clean anything, I like getting the bedroom done. I sleep better when the room is all tidy and put together.

Now we're watching the Oscars and will be ordering a pizza soon. And then back to work tomorrow.

Yuck, yuck, yuck.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home