Life Out Here

Just a small way to keep my friends and family, who are strewn about the country, in The Know about my life in Seattle.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

The UnParty

....was a helluva party. Man.
We met up with 2 other couples for dinner at Ray's Boathouse, on the water, last night at 8pm. Lovely dinner. Smoked seafood for a starter, then salmon with green beans & mashed potatoes. Yummy.

Then at 10pm we headed back to the house because we told people that if they wanted to come over, we'd be home around 10pm. On our way out of the restaurant, our friend Sean called (a guaranteed guest) to say that Heather had apparently eaten something bad and was projectile vomiting. He and another friend (another guaranteed guest) were taking care of her and would call later to give us an update. Okay, we're down 3 guests, but we have the 2 couples from the restaurant coming over, so there's 4 people. And we've been told that another friend will definately be there and probably will be bringing a friend, so we're up to 6. Add Tania and Kim-n-Tim (who said they didn't have any other plans and would probably come, and since they live a mere 5 blocks away, we count them as guaranteed) we've got 9 people. Not too shabby. A good sized unparty gathering.

We got home and 10 minutes later people started pouring in. And Heather, in her food poisioned state, rallied with bucket and made it over so add 3 more. All in all, 13 people at the unparty, which looks like quite a party in our tiny little place. The liquor flowed, people brought tons of food and everyone had a camera (pictures to come when I get them downloaded). We watched the ball drop with Dick Clark and screamed the countdown at midnight. Everyone hugged everyone, we all drank champagne and I'm sure lots of colds were passed around as everyone was kissing everyone. No one knew the words to Auld Lang Syne, but we sang it anyway. Very loudly and very badly. (Not to worry - I warned my neighbors we were having a gathering.)

Rae & Steve

Tim & Rae - Party Hats

The Group with Crowns

The crowd left around 2am (I think) but the hard core partiers - Sean, Tania & Davina - stayed the night. We were up until 5:30am talking about what we wanted in a partner and how attractive or unattractive back hair is. Deep, deep stuff.

I woke up at 10am this morning, right in time to see the kickoff. I let the kids sleep until 11am, then went downstairs and started the coffee (in my brand new coffee pot!) and heated the croissants. We had a huge fruit tray and Steve whipped up some eggs. The Seahawks lost to Green Bay, but that's because we had our back ups in to save the starters for the playoffs. Wallace, our back up quarterback, couldn't do squat, but I'll let that slide because he hasn't had much of a chance to play this year. This one didn't really count and it was good to see Brett Favre happy in the end. He's such a cutie.

Our guests left around 3pm and Steve and I have done nothing but eat and lay around all day. Probably best as we had a major front come through that brought heavy, heavy rain and some hail. Wild. I stuck with Jack and coke last night so I'm feeling okay. I can't imagine how I would feel today if I had had wine all night. Well, yes I can, unfortunately. And we have tomorrow off, so I don't know what we'll do. I think I'm going to need to get out of the house.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home