Life Out Here

Just a small way to keep my friends and family, who are strewn about the country, in The Know about my life in Seattle.

Monday, June 11, 2007

The Big Party

Well, I have finally recovered enough to post. I couldn't move from the couch all day yesterday, let alone tolerate the loud click-click-click of the keyboard.

Let's see...where to begin.......

After I posted Saturday morning, I went by Starbucks, grabbed some bigass lattes, then picked up my friend Cyn and headed to Trader Joe's for groceries. Then we hit Cash & Carry, which is like a little Costco or Sam's Club. Cheap, bulk items and they cater to restaurants. I have 1000 little stirrer straws and 1000 little picks that you put olives on for martinis. That kind of store.

After Cash & Carry, I brought Cyn back to our place where she proceeded to demolish my kitchen, but it was so worth it. I can't believe how much food she made in three hours. While she cooked and prepared, her brother, A~ the bartender, and I went to the liquor store and then back to Cash & Carry for more stuff.

Then off to pick up the cake and decorate at 5pm. Another friend, Jamie, met me at the Theo Chocolate Factory, where we held the party. It used to be the Red Hook Brewery, but now they make chocolate where the brewery used to be and the front is the store/sitting area. Very warm and fuzzy, with a big fireplace in the corner. Then Don showed up with a PA system and Shaun showed up with his iPods and mixer and it all started to come together. I left at 7:15 to go home and get beautiful and pick up Steve.

And then it was time.

It was fantastic! It was more of a bash than I could have ever, ever anticipated. It was loud and crowded and, at times, disorienting. Just fantastic! Steve had a fabulous time dancing and schmoozing. He and I didn't spend a lot of time together at the party, but then again, we never do at these things. We're quite the minglers.

Here's a few pictures to keep you happy until we collect photos from everyone who had a camera and get them all posted together.


The food - halfway through:

The cake. Dark chocolate with chocolate chips with a white chocolate frosting and dark chocolate shavings. Ooh boy:

And my favorite photo EVER. My right hand woman, Cyn, and her brother, A~ the bartender:

She said this is going to be their christmas card photo. I LOVE IT.

We finally got out of there about 1:30am, then people came back to our place for the after party. Which was really just a few people laying around, munching on leftovers. I finally gave in at 3am and went to bed. Steve said everyone left around 4:30am. Coincidently, these were the same people who stayed until 5am on New Year's a while back and 4am on my birthday party last year. They're good friends.

I finally got the apartment somewhat cleaned up this evening. All of the decorations, plates, utencils, cups, booze, flowers, vases, gifts and crap that was at Theo was dumped in our living room Saturday night. It's amazing how much food we have left over. And it's amazing how much my little team (Cyn, A~ and Jamie) devoted to this party. I don't remember ever asking for help - they just stepped right in and offered to do it all. They were just incredible. I get all misty eyed when I think about it.

And now I don't know what to do with myself. I have no trips to plan, no parties to organize, no baby showers to throw. What a girl to do? Maybe I'll actually get some downtime......huh.

I'll post more pictures soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Dee said...

Looks like you had quite the party! Nothing better than a successful party after all your hard work. I gotta ask - what's with the bartenders name? What is it and how do you say it?

4:47 AM  
Blogger rae said...

I abbreviated their names for the sake of their privacy ;-) Some bloggers give "code names" to their friends but I don't have time for that.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Dee said...

Oh, well now I feel stupid! ;>) But Cyn and Jamie certainly look like real names. It's the little squiggly sign for the bartender that got me.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Kenni G. said...

I work with your mom and she's got me addicted to your blog! Hurry and post again soon! As someone who has a small active noisey child at home, I am living vicariously through you and can't wait to get to work each day to see your latest post! But don't tell my boss! ;)

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home