Life Out Here

Just a small way to keep my friends and family, who are strewn about the country, in The Know about my life in Seattle.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Parties, The TempuPedic & 12 hours of sleep

Quite a busy weekend here in Seattle.

Friday night, after attempting to fix my automatic seatbelt, we met up with D&S and friends to celebrate Daniela's new PhD degree at a little pub in Ravenna, Third Place Pub. Interesting place. Under Third Place Books on 65th. There were many empty wine bottles at the end of the night, and Steve and I made some new friends.

Saturday, we were up bright and early for Daniela's brunch. Made it there around 11:30am. Sergio had cooked up a ton of waffles and french toast. There was a fruit salad, little tiny muffins and mimosas. It was mostly the group from Friday night, so things were a bit subdued.

We left there at 2:20 and went to buy the infamous TempuPedic mattress. I was hoping they could deliver it that day, but no. It will be delivered on Tuesday. We will be ready.

There was more fiddling with the car Saturday afternoon. Steve found fraying in the cable, so he got the latch for the belt back into place manually. The seatbelt doesn't actually move anymore, but I can at least attach the belt and not fly through the window if I'm in an accident. Then, there was a birthday party at our friend's place later that night. Interesting gathering. Steve and I only knew a couple of people there so we stuck to our little group most of the time. We left early and were home by midnight.

And then I really caught up on my sleep.
Woke up at 1pm Sunday afternoon. Wow. I haven't done that in a long, long time. I told Steve later, I'm looking forward to getting a new mattress so I can get a decent night's sleep in less time and have more daytime to be productive.

Yesterday, we went to Costco and stocked up on fruits and veggies, then grocery shopping after that to get the basics. Steve had a physical and although everthing is pretty normal, his doctor suggested a diet of 50% veggies. Which is how everyone should be eating, but no one does. So we're trying to do a little better.

And this morning, I was up bright and early at 6:40am. Normally, the alarm goes off at 6:40, but I don't get out of bed until 7:20 or so. Then I rush around and shower, dress (no drying the hair anymore) and run out the door with peanut butter toast and a soy sausage patty in my hand, which I eat on the way to work. I'm usually at my desk by 8:15. Impressive, huh?

But today was different. I had made coffee last night so it was brewing for me as I showered. I had fruit, only a half a cup of cereal and a soy patty for breakfast. I dried my hair and straightened it. I did change clothes 3 times, but still made it out the door earlier than normal. I brought a cup of coffee with me so I saved $1.04. I gave up my $2.30 a day latte habit when I learned that you can get drip coffee (which actually wires me more than lattes) for $1.04 and they have free refills all day (oh, that could be why I get more wired.....) But now, I think I'll start making my coffee at home so 1) I can save money and 2) I don't have a heart attack from the free refills.

The next step is to get up early enough to go for a walk before work. Ha! I'm counting on the TempuPedic to make me get such a good night's sleep, I'm just jumping out of bed when the alarm goes off. We'll see....


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home