Life Out Here

Just a small way to keep my friends and family, who are strewn about the country, in The Know about my life in Seattle.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Weekly Update

So last you heard, it was Aloha Friday at work and I was headed off to happy hour at Luau.

Happy Hour was very fun, but I was pooped from being up so early, so I was home by 9:30pm. Steve came too, but he left early to come home and change before we headed out again. By the time I got home, though, we didn't feel like going out so we were asleep by 10:30.

My sister came down and we took a walk by the water and caught up. I hadn't seen her since New Year's Eve. Hard to believe we only live 30 minutes apart. After our walk we had lunch, then she went home to catch whatever basketball game was playing that afternoon. I can't keep up. And I can't get into baskeball. Only 5 months until preseason football starts!!

Saturday night, Steve and I stayed in and were, again, in bed very early. Well, I was. I can't remember how late he stayed up.

Sunday afternoon we went over to Kim-n-Tim's (Dee - I type it that way because it just rolls off your tongue). Daniela & Sergio came over (normally I'd just use D&S, but you guys may not know who that is yet...) and we had a lovely mid day dinner of "fancy quesadillas" and sweet potato biscuts. Which sounded weird to me, but were awesome! Steve and I brought a chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream for dessert - because that's what Daniela said she wanted. The dinner broke up around 5pm and Steve and I spent the day finishing up laundry and watchin' the tube.

I skipped my swimming lesson. I just wasn't up for it. But I went for a walk and petted a local kitty, Jerry, for a half hour. He was in a lovey mood. Jerry is a 15 year old orange tabby with stubby legs and nose cancer. I think the ugly, black nose turns people off so he doesn't get a lot of lovin'. But I love him. Anyway, I went for a walk and as soon as I got home, the black clouds rolled in and the sky turned green.....Wow. It rained for about 20 minutes, then cleared up. Weird.

Another walk after work (see how good I'm being?) Our friends, Lisa and Kelly who had recently returned from their wedding and honeymoon, called to see if we wanted to have dinner with them. So I finished my walk, went home to freshen up and grab Steve and we met them at the Acorn Eatery. Yummy place. I think I've mentioned it before somewhere in here.

Tuesday night, evil, evil heartburn. Woke me up at 2am. Not fun. And I only had 2 glasses of wine at dinner. Ah, but as I type this I remember I ate my entire plate of gnocci and half of a salad. Oooh, gluttony. That'll do it.

I had physical therapy after work. I started back up again because the tendons on the inside of my thighs are so tight and hurt so badly I can't sit indian style anymore without pain. I can't sit like a boy, or do anything that requires either leg to splay. Even getting out of my car will make my left leg twinge. It sucks. The physical therapist said the exercises I was doing for my hip and lower back probably put some strain on the inner thigh tendons so we'll need to stretch those out. These sessions are going to be painful. Just the few minutes the therapist spent digging around to determine what was tight was painful.

After PT, I met up with Steve, Jesse & Katie at a bar in Ballard. Had some dinner and a beverage, then went to Katie's to SEE THE BUNNY (see post below)! I love the bunny! We ended up watching Lost over there and came home afterward. Conked out as soon as we got home. Well, okay I watched Will & Grace then the first part of South Park, but it was the one about the kids thinking if they put food up their butt they would crap out of their mouth, and as much as I LOVE South Park, I just wasn't in the mood for that particular episode since the heartburn was back and I was a tad nauseous. Could have been the cheap red wine at Katie's.

And tonight, guess what? I went for a walk. Thank you, thank you.
I met my walking buddy up the street and had a good hour walk with her. I stopped at the Green Market on my way home to get some lettuce, because while I bought everything for a big salad at the grocery store last weekend, I forgot the lettuce. So I fixed a big salad for dinner and was going to have a grilled cheese with it, but we didn't have any bread that wasn't frozen so I baked a brie. And totally undid 3 days of walking in 30 minutes. But, holy crap, it was good.

(Note: for those of you who don't know what a "baked brie" is, brie is a cheese and when you bake it, you wrap it up in the Pillsbury croissant dough and bake it until the dough is done. Then the cheese is warm and it just oozes out of the dough. Fantastic.)

In my defense, it was only a *wedge* of brie instead of a whole brie (which is roughly the size of a salad plate) and I only ate half of it. So there. And I had a salad. And grape juice. But I've still had heartburn all day so it probably wasn't the best of dinner choices.

No plans tomorrow night. Or this weekend. Which is kind of nice. I need to clean the house, because I haven't in a while believe it or not and get caught up on some projects and administrative stuff.

And there ya go! I'll try not to go so long between posts again.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I'm thinking maybe you have acid reflux. (Everybody and their brother seems to have it these days)! Maybe you should go to the doctor or try one of the OTC medications. Just a suggestion. Have a good, "no plans" weekend!

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the bunny is cute, but who just "accidentally" adopts a bunny? And just FYI, I know what brie is! So there.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He, he, he.....your mom is sooooo funny! ;>)

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home