Swimming
I've signed up for adult swimming lessons. Look at me, growing!
Someone suggeted water aerobics as a good, low impact form of exercise. But as most of you know, I don't like water. So I went to the Ballard pool to chat with someone and get a feel for the place. The guy behind the desk suggested taking lessons, to get more comfortable. Of course I signed up. Because I'm impulsive like that. Mondays at 8pm. Is that really late, or is it just me?
Anyway, I'm scared. I think it's more the whole showering beforehand (Steve says I have to be naked....I will not be naked) and then the unspoken rules - do I wear flip flops around the pool area? Do I have to wear a swim cap? Goggles? What if my toenail polish is chipping? Will other women make fun of me? Do I have to shave my legs each week? Crap.
I'm banking on the fact that other people will be as uncomfortable as I am. Then I won't stand out. Funny, I can get on stage in a mini skirt and red boots and sing in front of 50 people, but put me in a bathing suit near a pool with other adults and I want to throw up.
Blech.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home