Life Out Here

Just a small way to keep my friends and family, who are strewn about the country, in The Know about my life in Seattle.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Post Turkey Day Update

Ah, Thanksgiving is over.
And so is my big plan for weight loss. But that's the point of the holiday, right?

A brief tour down turkey lane....

Cleaning before the family comes over.

The beautiful table complete with brand new K Mart place mats ($2 each!)

Cranberries....the way the Millers like it!

I cooked a bird and, according to Steve's family, it was delicious. I'm not a huge turkey fan, so I just thought it tasted like turkey. Not bad for my first time. Steve's yams were yummy (he's still eating off of them) and everything else just peachy. The family hung out until about 6pm then they headed home and Steve and I went to visit his brother and sister-in-law. That turned into a late night - we got home around 2am.

Let's see...Friday...
I shopped around Ballard. JoAnn's had all of their christmas stuff 60% off. How can they do that? Then, around March, they'll put all of their summer stuff out at 40% off. Baffles me. I didn't really buy anything. Just walked around with a big grin on my face. I love this time of the year.

Decorated! But petered out early. I still need to put lights up around the windows and sliding glass door. We're not going to get a tree this year since we'll be in Houston for a week over christmas, so I'll use all of the tree lights to decorate inside. Saturday evening we had friends come over. They made pizza for dinner then we watched Amelie, a very funny and mushy french movie with subtitles. Then, in bed and asleep by 11:30pm.

Um. Oh! Football game!! Go Seahawks! Yes, we thought they were goners when the Giants got up there for their game winning field goal (the first time). Even the Giants on the sidelines were starting to do their stupid little dances. Oh, but no. Poor Feely missed the field goal. And then the next one. And then the next one. Some would say that the Seahawks had the game handed to them. If that were so, it wouldn't have gone into OT and we wouldn't have made our game winning field goal on the first try. 9 - 2!! I wonder if Feely has a job this morning?

I also made a vat of black beans and brown rice and cornbread. Some of our friends were going to come by, but for whatever reason, most of them didn't. That's okay with us. We have leftovers to eat off of all week.

And now, back at work. I have my 3rd physical therapy appointment this evening. I slacked and didn't do my stretches over the holiday. But back on the horse today!


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home