Life Out Here

Just a small way to keep my friends and family, who are strewn about the country, in The Know about my life in Seattle.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Party, Port Townsend & the Seahawks!

Friday night was a night of art openings, wine, a big party and tequila shots. Which I have vowed to never, ever, ever do again. I had vowed to never, ever, ever do them again about 8 years ago when I ended up calling my mom to take me to the clinic because I thought for sure I was dying, but that memory temporarily escaped me when I was handed the cute little shot glass and everyone was chanting "Raechelle! Raechelle!" I've never been good as resisting peer pressure, but I have definately learned my lesson. I'm 31 years old and I'm allowed to say no. I'm too old for that shit.

Anyway, Saturday (after Steve assured me, yes, he still loved me even after the tequila shots - such a good man) we took off for Port Townsend for the ThoNton Creek show. Steve had some technical difficulties with his bass, so we ended up leaving around 3pm. We arrived at our friends' Rawk Room, changed clothes and met up with the gang at a restaraunt where they were throwing a baby shower for Thornton's wife. Afterwards, we headed over to the Waterstreet Brewery, where Thornton found out they were doing a three hour set instead of a two hour set. So he was scrambling to come up with another hour's worth of songs. He asked if Steve and I would do a couple of songs to kill some time. We said sure and did Angel from Montgomery and D'Jever. Very fun. I like singing in a mic in a big room with monitors. Makes me sound g o o d.

We got back to the Rawk Room around 1:30am, so we just crashed. Got up at 10am and headed home so we could see the Seahawks game. We missed the first four minutes, but got it on the radio. What a great game! Up until the 4th quarter that is. I think the Seahawks (and the crowd) got comfortable with their lead so they let the Giants get more points than they should have. But, to give the Giants credit, they made a huge comeback last week, so they're a good team and very much earned those points. In any event, we still won. Good enough. 3-0!

The rest of the day was spent tidying up since Kristin is coming to visit this week!! She'll be in Thursday morning, so I took Thursday and Friday off. I'm not sure of a plan yet, but I'll make sure she gets on a ferry, up in the Space Needle and has sushi at Blue C. I'm sure as long as she's eating, drinking or shopping (or all three at the same time), she'll be happy. I can work with that.

And since I only have a three day work week (and I finally shaved my legs last night) I'm all gussied up in my new pink blouse and black skirt. And just because I love sharing a good deal: blouse - $3.30 at Goodwill, skirt - $5.00 at Goodwill, but it was pink tagged and that meant 50% off that day. Why would I ever pay $65 for a skirt now?

People think I have an interview today. Ha. I wish......but it's good to keep 'em on their toes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Dee said...

Tequila shots - bad, very, very bad. I understand the peer pressure though - I think you come by it genetically. Why do we always say never, ever again but there's always one more time??
What is the Rawk Room?
Yeah! You and Steve got to play and sing. Did the audience love you?
You and Kristin have fun on your visit - eating, drinking and shopping - I think she'll be fine!

4:49 AM  
Blogger rae said...

The Rawk Room is a little building in the back yard at the Kite's (our friends in Port Townsend) that acts as a practice room (rock room), office and guest house. It has a little bathroom and a futon, so we sleep there when we visit. It also has a piano, many guitars and a tiny drumset for Gibson, their 5 year old son. Who actually plays better than some professional drummers.

And yes, the audience was calling for more after Steve and I played. But it was also midnight and they're were all liquored up....

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home